Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Just Keep Running…

Isn't it comforting to know that God doesn't label us a "failure" when the going gets tough.  He never promised life would be smooth ride, that's not what being a Jesus follower is about.  He does promise that He will be our strength in difficult times, and that He'll use those trials to continue fashioning us into the masterpiece He's created us to be.  This week we're looking at the sufferings of Paul.  He went through some crazy stuff (2 Corinthians 11:23b-27), but he was determined to complete his calling.  Paul's determination can be felt in Acts 20:24: "However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God's grace."  That pumps me up!  This week we want the kids to grasp the fact that no matter how difficult life can get, God is for us, and through Him we are able to keep moving forward.

Just keep running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment