Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Thankful Heart

The Thankful Heart


“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

I must admit I sometimes don’t exhibit a thankful heart. I don’t think about all the blessings that God has given me. Not just material things, but the blessings of friends and family who encourage me and lift me up in difficult times. A recent illness in my family brought me closer to the brothers and sisters in Christ who prayed for our family. I thank God for their fellowship and for demonstrating God’s love to our family!


This weekend your preschooler will grow in their understanding of thanking God for who He is. He not only blesses us with food, clothing, shelter, but He puts in our lives others who love and care for us. Your child will learn the key verse “I Will Thank God!”, as they continue to learn about King David. David thanked God in songs and praises throughout his life in good times and bad.

David wrote in Psalms 100 “Worship the Lord with gladness; come before Him with joyful songs. Know that the Lord is God. It is He who made us, and we are His people, the sheep of His pasture. Enter His gates with thanksgivings and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name.”

You can help your child to appreciate all that God has given by taking a walk and having you child point out things that God has made for us. (sunset, flowers, birds, water, air, plants, etc). Share with your child things that you thank God for (family, brothers & sisters in Christ, the Cove, pastors, God’s word, etc.) Can you thank God for the bad times as He helps you grow into the person who He can use for His Kingdom?


In all things we should thank God for His mercy, His love, for our salvation through His son Jesus Christ!!

Carolyn Hillegeist
Early Childhood Coordinator

No comments:

Post a Comment